Judith-on-Antiques
Judith-on-Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  A noted expert, author, TV personality, appraiser and columnist. President, Association of Online Appraisers. Author of 3 books on collecting.
57035021

I need a value (general) of a tiffany chime clock circa 1885

Customer Question

i need a value (general) of a tiffany hall chime clock circa 1885
nine tubular chimes and rack by durfee
westminster and whittington chimes
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Judith-on-Antiques replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help.

What is the connection between your clock and Tiffany?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The clock itself is a Tiffany. Looking for a value. Can I send you pictures?

Yes, please send the pictures. If you still want a phone call after I've seen the pictures, we can do that.

Thank you for the pictures. This is a beautiful clock, but I need something to connect it to Tiffany. Please add pictures of the trademarks and any other rinted information on the clock, along with a picture of the entire clock. Is the clock working?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
http://f01.justanswer.com.s3.amazonaws.com/nfZtz5eH/image.jpegJudith,
If you enlarge this picture, the fifth one in the series of pictures, you will see the Tiffany and Co logo.
Thank you,
Karen

Thanks for the picture, Karen!

You've identified the clock for me as a Tiffany & Co. piece, not a piece designed by Louis Comfort Tiffany. They didn't make the clock - they retailed it. They employed independent artisans to make their fine wares.

The Walter Durfee Westminster/Whittington chimes (I'm assuming this is a quarter chiming clock), the beautiful carving and the apparently excellent condition all contribute to the value of this lovely clock.

If it is in excellent cosmetic and working condition, its current retail (replacement or insurance) value is approximately $245,000. If you were to sell it, you could expect to get the fair market (private sale or auction) value of approximately 40% of the retail amount, or $98,000, depending on location and actual condition.

I hope this answer has been helpful to you, Karen.

If you have any further questions or problems concerning your answer, please let me know.

If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name (Judith) at the beginning of your question.

I need your positive rating! Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button) as this is how I get paid by JustAnswer, at no extra cost to you. We can still continue to communicate here on this thread after you do.

Thank you so much! Happy holidays!

Hi Karen,

I am just checking in to see if you have any additional questions about your item?

Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com; experts are verified users. Experts are only compensated when and if you, the customer, leaves a favorable rating.

Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button) as this is how I get paid by JustAnswer at no extra cost to you. We can still continue to communicate here on this thread after you do.