Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a few paintings here that I was told are worth

Customer Question

Hi I have a few paintings here that I was told are worth something and I wanted to get them appraised. The problem is there's too many and I don't remember which ones are the ones worth something can you please help me? Thank you
Sincerly,
Maria C
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Hi There~

My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question, however I only assess one item or matched set per question here.

At your convenience, please choose one and send photos of the front, back (do not remove from frame) and a clear, in-focus close-up of the signature.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

I am wondering if you are still interested in having your item assessed?

Please let me know and do you have requested images available?

I look forward to reading back from you.

Sincerely,

Nora

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi there I am so sorry I have been so busy but I finally will have the chance to take pictures tomorrow so once I take the pictures how do I send it to u to see?? Thank u and so sorry for the dela. Have a blessed nite
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi there I am so sorry I have been so busy but I finally will have the chance to take pictures tomorrow so once I take the pictures how do I send it to u to see?? Thank u and so sorry for the delay
Expert:  Nora replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for the request here and no worries about a delay.

For photos, there may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~Nora

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank u I think I did it right let me know
Expert:  Nora replied 11 months ago.

Youv'e got it.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Oh good I had one more I mean I have a lot but I know u can't do them all. My mother passed away and she had a lot of paintings worth something I just don't remember which ones I'll send u one more I have
Expert:  Nora replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for the additional images. ~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 11 months ago.

Hi Maria,

I am not able to decipher the first painting's signature and I did not find a match to the name on the second painting.

If you would like to try another painting here, I can try to see if I fair better.

~OR~

I can opt-out here and open your question again to all the experts at no additional charge. If someone knows the answer, they will respond to you here. You would not need to re-post your question.

Please let me know how you would like to proceed.

Sincerely,

Nora

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok let me find another painting can I get it to u tomorrow?
Expert:  Nora replied 11 months ago.

Absolutely!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank u so much have a great nite
Expert:  Nora replied 11 months ago.

You too :)

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Nora it's Maria again sorry for the delay its been crazy around here trying to organize everything but I have a set of four paintings they go together at least that's how my mom had them then I have another one hope u can see them good. Hopefully I'll get something out of one of these thanks for ur time :) can I send them to u
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Here they are. Let me know if u need anymore information thank u again for ur time
Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.

Hi Maria,

Thank you for the image here, I see one of the set of 4 prints. Can you please let me know the approximate size and send clear, in-focus close-ups of the signature on each. I do see they are the same signature, but seeing them all will help decipher the name. Also, can you check the backside for any clues and send a photo of the backside of one (do not remove from frames).

~Nora

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Not sure if I measured right but I got 20 1/2 by 13 1/2. Sorry don't really know how to use a measuring tape
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Before my mom died she had said there's a few Argentine paintings worth a lot here do u know where I could get those looked at?
Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.

There are two images attached here, one of the backside of one and one of the signature. can you please include a clear, in-focus close-up of the signature on each print to help me try to decipher the name.

~Nora

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It's the same painting of the back and front close up of the signature. It's one of the four of the set. Do u need a close up of the back sorry this is confusing to me :/
Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.

Can you please send a clear, in-focus photo of just the signature on the front of each picture. I do know they are all the same artist's signature, but if I see all 4 of them I may be able to decipher the name.

~Nora

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Oh ok
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The last one had that other name on it too the Rosa Rugosa
Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for the images, please allow me some time to look these over for you.

~Nora

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok thank u so much for ur time and patience
Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.

Certainly.

Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.

I am not able to decipher the signature on this set of limited edition botanical prints.

I will opt-out here and open your question again to all the experts at no additional charge. If someone knows the answer, they will respond to you here. You do not need to re-post your question.

I do hope you find the information that you seek.

Sincerely,

Nora

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok thank U anyway for ur help
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hey Nora sorry to bug u but were u able to see anything on the other two paintings I sent u??