Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have a question with very little background and only one

Customer Question

Hi. I have a question with very little background and only one photograph - http://imgur.com/RteXc. It is a limited edition Baccarat piece, that I know, and nothing else. The bird has a glass rod about 1 inch long on the bottom which fits into a hole on
the glass base. The piece is not big, it measures about 6 inches from wing tip to wing tip. The base is very clear crystal and looks like a piece of ice that has been broken off a bigger piece. The bird is not clear glass, it has a level of opaqueness about
it, the beak of the bird is a red/orange color. Any help identifying it and its value would be appreciated. Thanks
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

Hello Graham,

This photo link leads to an 'oops' page. You can use the ADD FILES button here on this page (lower right, I believe) or you can email pictures to me at***@******.*** and put 'for rarewares in antiques' in the subject line of the email. You could of course re-do the imgur as well.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Sorry about that. Adding it direct. If possible, after this item, I would like to have a phone call to ask for some advise. Is that possible?
graham
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

Graham, Thanks for adding the picture. This figurine is not a familiar Baccarat piece to me, so I will opt-out and allow another expert to step in. You will not have to add the pictures again. I can tell you that the term for this type of semi-opaque glass is called opalescent. Good luck to you and I'm sure I will take another of your questions soon!

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Please send a clear, in-focus, close-up of the Baccarat mark or signature on this piece.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It may not have come across properly in my original question - I don't have anymore photographs and it would be difficult to get more. Forget the telephone call, actually, forget the question as well.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Hi Graham,

Thank you for clarifying that this is the only photo. From this image, I feel strongly that this is not a piece by Baccarat.

I will send in your request to end this question for you on your behalf.

I do hope you find the information that you seek.

~Nora