LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  25+ years experience in Antiques, Certified Appraiser, Speaker, Member of AOA, Asheford Institute Antiques,and I am an Antique Researcher
52235960

How do I get an appraisal on a large antique vase that has

Customer Question

How do I get an appraisal on a large antique vase that has been handed down in our family?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am one of the expert appraisers here at justanswer. I would be happy to help you. I would like to see the bottom of the vase if possible and any markings on the vase, close up and clear. Also what are the measurements of the vase? This will help in the evaluation of the vase. I look forward to helping you. Thank you Tanya

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
29 inches high
12 inches at widest part
No marking on the bottom

Hello, Thank you for the photo and measurements. This is a beautiful Japanese porcelain from Arera, an area in Japan. The vase was made in 1900-1910 by the size, color and design. The insurance value on a vase of this nature today is $2,300.00 It would be 1200-1500.00 on the secondary market as the value to sell is what people will pay for it and in the economy today there is not much money to pay full value for a piece. This is a vase that will rise in value over time so do keep it safe if you wish to hold on to it. If I may be of further service please let me know. I am always happy to help. Also, please rate the answer when you have time as this is how I am paid from the site. thank you again it is a very nice vase.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your thorough and thoughtful answer. You cleared up a lot of speculation in the family. Your help is very much appreciated.

I am glad I was able to help you. If I can be of future help just post with my name and I would be happy to help you. When you get a chance please rate my answer as this is how I am paid from the site by ratings. Have a great night.

Just a reminder to please rate my answer as this how I am paid from the site. thank you and if you have further questions on the vase please let me know.