Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I have suddenly inherited three books I feel might be of

Customer Question

I have suddenly inherited three books I feel might be of interest, book 1 is Arlington addition dated 1888 the Poetical Works, John Milton, book 2, is treasures from the poetic world by Prof. McAlpine dated 1883 with handwritten letters dated 1883 folded inside the book, book 3 is Whittier dated 1899 which is also hand written dedicated to a student by a teacher dated 1899
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Can you tell me the publisher of each book, are these leather bound?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Arlington Edition, leather bound, publisher, Hurst & co.,
treasures of the polemic world Elliott & Beezley publishing house
Whittier, also Hurst & Co.,
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

This is your answer, please rate this after reading the answer. You do so clicking one of the top stars!

.
The Book Arlington edition dated 1888 the Poetical Works, John Milton has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $150.00-175.00, Treasures From The Prose World by Prof. McAlpine dated 1883 -$75.00-100.00, Whittier dated 1899 -$115.00-120.00, depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Book Store or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally.
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from. You can sell in your local area or a larger city near you with Craigslist, it is free, and when they item sells the buyer picks it up.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
If you have more items you would like to ask me about, just start a new question addressed to "Glenda" it would be my pleasure to help you.
.
Thank you so much!
Glenda
PS:
I would greatly appreciate it if you took a moment to rate my answer to you. You do so by clicking the stars, this is the only way I am paid for my time answering your question. Doing so does not cost you any additional money, I am paid by the Just Answer site, not the customer.