Wayne, Auctioneer
Experience:  40 yrs. experience in antiques, jewelry, coins and paintings - ASA 1985
67223111

Set of 10 dining room chairs spindle back stamped "made in

Customer Question

Set of 10 dining room chairs spindle back stamped "made in Sweden" told they were manufactured by Dux
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** have been dealing in and appraising furniture for over 40 years, and I can help you with this.
Can you post a photo of this?
1.
Click the paperclip icon
2.
Click the Browse icon
3.
Click the Browse button
4.
Select your file and click Open
5.
Click OK
6.
Click Insert
7.
Click Save Changes on this page

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did u get my Photos?
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

Yes I see them. These are ebonIzed Windsor style chairs? First made in the 1950s. These were a modern take on the style. These would sell for $200-300 each. The style of thes e don't seem consistent vwit Dux.

Here is a link a vintage set of four being offered for $1500.

http://www.houzz.com/photos/38945621/Swedish-Windsor-Style-Dining-Chairs-Set-of-4-dining-chairs

Thanks,

Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

Is there anything else I can tell you about this? If not please take time to rate my service. This is the way justanswer compensates me for my time and efforts without additional cost to you. It has been a pleasure working with you.
Thanks again,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did u see the stamp with made in Sweden thT looked just like the same stamp on Dux pieces? U did not mention....I was hoping for info about maker since u do not think it is Dix. I have no more info than I started with except that your value is higher. Comp not really a comp do u think?
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

Yes I did see "made in Sweden" this is for export, as it is in English, there is no indication of a maker. There are 1000s of pieces stamped " made in Sweden". I have found other examples of the same style chair with the stamp "made in Sweden". Here is a link to some 1950s Swedish chairs.

https://www.1stdibs.com/furniture/seating/dining-room-chairs/four-1950s-swedish-windsor-style-spindle-back-dining-chairs/id-f_1047470/

Unless there is a signature or label, all I can go by is "Made in Sweden"

Thank you,