Doris - dfm925
Doris - dfm925, Pres, Owner Nashville Appraisals Corporation
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of Nashville Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.
19572128

We have a set of plates, cups, saucers etc all with the same

Customer Question

We have a set of plates, cups, saucers etc all with the same pattern - mainly white with red edging and gold detailing, with pictures of ladies on them also around the edges. We have been told that some are original and then others were made later for the family which would explain 2 makes of the same design:
Some of the items have no mark. Some have a BB mark which appears to possibly be Beyer & Bock (although not 100% sure), and some have what looks like it could be an LL mark - but we have been unable to find a picture of the LL one online anywhere. So we would like to find out what this mark is. Some of the items with this possible LL mark also have indentations on the back.
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
some of the front
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

Let me see what I can find to identify the marks.

Is this enough for you?

Kind regards,

Doris

I found your marks.

The BB mark is that of Worcester Porcelains of Worcester, UK. It is called the "Barr" mark as it named after former owners of factory - the Barr family. The mark dates ca 1890.

The LL mark is the mark of a Porcelain Decorating Studio of either Germany or Austria ca 1910-1930s. The impressed mark you see is for the factory that made the blank (white china) that was to be decorated by the studio.

See the following marks.

A private seller to a dealer can expect 30-60% of retail value.

I hope I have helped you.

If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.

All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.

I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.

Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING now so that I am compensated by JA for my time and effort. This is of no cost to you.

Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty, site charges or current appraisal values - all three are beyond my control.

Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system. To rate me, you should see 5 stars near my answer. 5 stars gives me the best rating.

Kind regards.

Doris

If you would like to use me on any future questions, requesting me expires in a short time. If you put my name (Doris) at the first of the question, that will make sure it gets to me.

Thank you.

Hi there!

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,
Doris

Please let me know if this is all the information you require.

If so, please rate me a positive. If not, please let me know what else you are looking for before you rate me.

Kind regards,

Doris

Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 12 months ago.

Hi there!

Let me know,
Doris