LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  25+ years experience in Antiques, Certified Appraiser, Speaker, Member of AOA, Asheford Institute Antiques,and I am an Antique Researcher
52235960

I have a original watercolor of Maude, the first woman to

Customer Question

I have a original watercolor of Maude Adams, the first woman to play Peter Pan, from 1906. The artist is Nan LaLanne. I can't find anything on the zrtist. How would I find out how much the watercolor is worth
Category: Antiques
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am one of the expert appraisers here at justanswer. I would be happy to help you. Can you post a photo of the portrait and also a close up clear photo of the signature. This will help me in my evaluation and accurate value. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
These pictures are a picture of the original. The original is in a frame with glass to protect it. The white mark by the signature is where the watercolor had evidently gotten bent at some time in its past. My Grandmother had just had this thumb tacked to a wall, not in a frame

http://www.talkinbroadway.com/rialto/past/1999/4_4_99.html The link above pictures your painting. It was done December 4, 1906 I am researching now and thought if you hadn't seen this site you may enjoy it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had seen this article before. Years ago I decided that this picture should be in a place with someone who loved the theater. I got to conversing with this man. I fiinally shipped him the picture ( and immediately regretted my action). He was so nice about it and sent the watercolor back. He asked if it was okay to make a copy of the watercolor.

That was nice of him. I am looking for this artist and had ran across the page thought it was nice to pass along. I am tracing the painting now as it is showing but nothing on the artist. All of this is good to have along with the original painting.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I haven't heard whether you have any information on this watercolie
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Watercolor

I haven't found anything on the artist and have spent hours researching I do know the painting itself is worth $1200-1500.00 because of the quality, size and subject. However this artist is either a pen name or one that did theater paintings and never really stuck to it. I have sent two emails to top galleries and am waiting to hear back on their opinion to the name of artist. Thank you and forgive me for the delay we had power knocked out yesterday by a storm.