Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Bartolomeo I bought an old canvas golf bag at a church yard

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** bartolomeo I bought an old canvas golf bag at a church yard sale.In it i found a unmarked bronze putter,the only markings on it are extended flange pat pend CIFI on the bottom. The putter is sand cast and when you putt with it, it makes a distinctive PING sound.Could this possibly be a experimental or prototype early putter developed by Karsten Solheim
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have been trying to reseach this ,I've sent pictures to Ping ,also Pongman.com.Ping said in some ways it resembled some Ping features and not in others.In my research I came across a blog called Puttertalk.com,I found an old posting dated june 2009 talking about a putter with same letters except it had MFI on the end instead of CIFI. From the beginning I always thought I was either a model 3a or 4a prototype.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Antiques Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I can't at the moment I will come back later thank you
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

At your convenience, please send images of the putter.

~Nora