LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  25+ years experience in Antiques, Certified Appraiser, Speaker, Member of AOA, Asheford Institute Antiques,and I am an Antique Researcher
52235960

I was looking tonight on a program and saw antique leather

Customer Question

I was looking tonight on a program and saw antique leather ducks. A previous customer of yours posted pictures of his duck and the stitching are in the same places. Would you have any idea of price or if they are worth anything? We have three ducks.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, My name is***** am one of the expert appraisers here at justanswer and would be happy to help you. Do you have any papers on who the maker is or where they came from?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Found them in a storage unit.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They have the same stitching as Homer Lawrence leather ducks.

There were a few factories that made leather duck decoys with the same stitching and glass eyes. From the photos these were made 1900-1920s The trouble is without having proof who made the decoy the value differs. On a leather decoy duck with no known paperwork they run 300-350.00 each in today's market. If you go through the unit and find any type of papers on them the value can rise depending on who made them. Homer Lawrence is the name to watch for his decoys do run into the thousands in value. Thank you for sharing these and coming to justanswer. If I can be of further help please let me know. Thank you.