Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I found these pieces in my yard in the dirt and 't know

Customer Question

I found these pieces in my yard in the dirt and don't know what they are, or where they are from. I washed them off with water.
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Glenda
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello

I am sorry I had no idea you requested me on this. Can you tell me where these were found?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In the back part of my land in Harlem GA.
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** see what I can find about these and get back with you as soon as I know something.

Where the Chinese or Japanese in that area in the early part of the 20thC that you know of?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have no clue.
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you

Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Can you send a picture of the red tablet looking thing by it's self? Front and back ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It feels like terracotta
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is arched also
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now that I look at it, are those snakes?
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, those are snakes. I cannot find any markings at all on what is written on the back of this.

I will do research to see if I can find anything about this as well as the bowl. What size is this and the bowl?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sizes attached
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** working on this, I sent some information on the bowl to a few other appraisers to get an opinion of age.

Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning

I did find that the Bowl, is from Qing Dynasty which ran from 1644-1911. I also found in research that the Chinese were brought to Georgia in the 1800's to work on the plantations. The only explanation for how the bowl got buried on the property is from a Chinese Family or person who lived in the area in the 1800's. Yours is a Blue & White Chinese Ogee Bowl Qing Dynasty 1800-1849.

.
The Antique Chinese Bowl, has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $350.00-400.00, the Antique tray, also circa: 1800's, $150.00-175.00, depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally.
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from. You can sell in your local area or a larger city near you with Craigslist, it is free, and when they item sells the buyer picks it up.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
If you have more items you would like to ask me about, just start a new question addressed to "Glenda" it would be my pleasure to help you.
.
Thank you so much!
Glenda
PS:
I would greatly appreciate it if you took a moment to rate my answer to you. You do so by clicking the stars, this is the only way I am paid for my time answering your question. Doing so does not cost you any additional money, I am paid by the Just Answer site, not the customer.

Expert:  Glenda B. replied 12 months ago.

Hi, I'm just checking in once again to see how things are going. Let me know if you still need help with this questions, as I see it is not rated yet. If there was a problem with the answer I provided for you?
.
Thank you so much!
Glenda