Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Bought the Cantonese Vase from an Antique Dealer in 1967. He

Customer Question

Bought the Cantonese Vase from an Antique Dealer in 1967. He assured me it was well before the Crystal Palace Exhibition. It is in perfect condition and I am wondering what the value is please?
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you please confirm that I won’t be charged a fee of $53 each month unless I ask another question?
Expert:  Robert S. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Celine,

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help with your Cantonese vase. Thanks for the photo.

Can you very kindly attach a couple of sharp close ups of the figures. There are specifics about the way the features of the faces and other details are drawn that allows us to date these pieces to the nearest decade or two, but I need to see yours a little closer to be able to tell.

Also, how big is the vase?

Many thanks and wait to hear.

Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Robert, tks for your response. The vase is 9.5” tall with maximum diameter 14”. I am now trying to upload some new close-ups. Pls let me know if they are suitable.
Best wishes, Celine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please respond to the above. Awaiting your response to my photos. Wld be much appreciated
Celine
November 29, 2015