Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Japanese 1. Artist or Maker: artists are unknown. what we

Customer Question

Japanese
1. Artist or Maker: artists are unknown.
what we have are two vases, believe to be crafted by two artists over 300 years old today. I believe they were made in the Meiji or Edo period,
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to know the height and see images of the vases along with a clear, in-focus close-up of the mark (if any).

Please send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can i send you pictures now...and how?
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Hi~

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok i have the + add files but it will not do anything when i click on it!!
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

You can try emailing your images to *****@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email.

Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

I received two images, thank you. Are these marked at all on the underside?

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for checking for me. I am not able to confirm the age or makers of your Japanese mixed metal vases. I will opt-out here and open your question again to all the experts at no additional charge. If someone knows the answer, they will respond to you here. You do not need to re-post your question.

I do hope you find the information that you seek.

Sincerely,

Nora

Expert:  Tim in Antiques replied 1 year ago.

I have not received any images. Did you email them? Here is a link to tell you how to send them. http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert