Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a plater with blue pattern. Markings are crown with

Customer Question

I have a plater with blue pattern. Markings are crown with Danmark under it then 3 blue squall lines. On one side it has 1 over 348 and the other side of the blue lines it has a 2 . On the opposite side of the bottom it as a very squall line with a 4. What dose it mean
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

I can tell you what the crown/Damark/3 Squall lines but the numbers and other marks represent the artisan and studio plus the factory blank (white porcelain) that was used to make the platter. I cannot tell any names for the numbers or the second squall line near the edge.

Would date range and meaning of the crown.Danmark, 3 squall lines mean be enough for you? I can value your platter as well if you give the dimensions.

Let me know.

Kind regards,

Doris