Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Judith, to my last question: you 't see any similarities

Customer Question

Judith, a follow up to my last question: you don't see any similarities to these miniatures? I personally think it resembles these, by Louis Francois Aubry. Which, coincidentally, would make sense that she would have actually sat for this portrait. I also
see similarities in the signitures (but I'm no expert). If you do think this is by the same artist, and knowing what portraits by no name artists go for, what is this one worth?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Judith-on-Antiques replied 1 year ago.

Hi again, Milli,

No, these don't appear to be by the same artist as yours. Also, the signatures do not match at ll. Just look at the first letter of the signature on your painting and on these. This can't be by the same artist. I did examine this artist's work anad knew right away it wasn't the same artist as yours.

I wish it was, but it isn't.