Wayne, Auctioneer
Experience:  40 yrs. experience in antiques, jewelry, coins and paintings - ASA 1985
67223111

Wayne, I have a Keane painting I want to check if it is an

Customer Question

Hi Wayne, I have a Keane painting I want to check if it is an authentic keane. It's of a girl holding 3 white dogs. It has a wood frame it looks like it is the original visible wear on the back of it. It says KEANE and has a copyright symbol and 1963
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like to know if it is an authentic Margeret Keane Oil painting, if so, how much is it worth?
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. The answer is yes and no. Yes it is a Margaret Keane print but it is not an original oil painting. These are selling for $40-60 at auction.

Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm uploading more photos, if you can't see it in the photos there is a small gold black that says Walter Keane Bedtime (ignore the gray tape it was used to protect the frame, it didn't come like that.)
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

Walter Keane put his name on these but they were actually done by his wife Margaret. The value is the same. Here is some history https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_Keane

Thanks,

Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

Is there anything else I can tell you about this? If not please take time to rate my service. This is the way justanswer compensates me for my time and efforts without additional cost to you. It has been a pleasure working with you.
Thanks again,