Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have two rare ivory statues purchased in china in the

Customer Question

i have two rare ivory statues purchased in china in the mid-nineteen twenties. They are delicately detailed, in excellent condition, seventeen and a half inches tall. Previously offered fifteen thousand seven years go by sotheby's in san francisco with a twenty five percent commision. The ivory is from a walrus tusk and has been in our family for almost a hundred years.
Predicate on gov/t restrictions on the sale of ivory, I would like to have these units appraised. I can send pictures...
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how can you possibly know the value without a picture? We would not agree to any charge without further discussion and your viewing the objects.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to see images.

Please send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

I am wondering if you are still interested in having your item assessed?

Please let me know and do you have requested images available?

I look forward to reading back from you.

Sincerely,

Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no thank you nora, we do not wish to have you assess the antiques....dorothy rimer
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Hi Dorothy,

Thank you for getting back to me.

~Nora