Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I am trying to find the value of some very old books that I

Customer Question

I am trying to find the value of some very old books that I inherited about 15 years ago. I'm not sure that they are worth anything but they are very old, so I thought I would try and figure out their value.
They are as follows:
Faust, A Tragedy, by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, Translated in the original meters, by Bayard Taylor...The Mayfair Edition, New York (no copyright date but bound the same as books I have from 1856)
Childe Harold's PILGRIMAGE: A Romaunt, by Lord Byron, Philadelphis, Published by J. & J. L. Gihon, No.***** 1852. (Fair Condition)
The History of The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire, by Edward Gibbon, Esq., With notes by the Rev. H.H. Milman, Vol. I, Boston: *****, *****pson, and Company, 1856 (Fair Condition)
The History of The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire, by Edward Gibbon, Esq., With notes by the Rev. H.H. Milman, Vol. II, Boston: *****, *****pson, and Company, 1856
(Fair Condition)
The Poetic and Dramatic Works of Alfred Lord Tennyson, Student's Cambridge Edition, Houghton Mifflin Company, Boston, New Yord, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, The Riverside Press, Cambridge, Massachusetts, 1898 (very good condition)
I would appreciate any and all help that you could give me, whether it be value of pointing me in the right direction.
Thanks so much for your time.
Sandi
***@******.***
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Hi~

I generally only assess one book or matched book set per question here. If you would like to continue please choose one book or book set and provide the title, author, year printed, and publisher name.

~Nora