AppraiserJM
AppraiserJM, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Certified Appraiser, Appraiser's Association of America. USPAP qualified through 2015.
30223878

I would like a price on uncle toms cabin hard cover gold

Customer Question

i would like a price on uncle toms cabin hard cover gold edge illustration it from a.t rogers Private library sined by a.j.rogers inside cover riverside press 1883 stowe XXXXXXXXXX need more info callXXXXXXXXXXX thankyou for your time
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 1 year ago.

Boston, Ghoughton & Osgood & Co - Is this the publisher of your edition?

Kind regards,

Doris

I see you have a different publisher in your question.

Let me research further.

Kind regards,

Doris

Unfortunately, I cannot find an accurate answer for your question. I will release your question so that all the other professionals can choose to answer you with accuracy.
I want you to have the best answer possible. Please do not rate me down because I released your question. Releasing your question is called "opting-out." I will not be able to respond to you once I opt-out.
I am very sorry.

Kind regards,

Doris

Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser and I'd be happy to help.

What color is the cover?

Is the date 1883 printed in it, or hand written?

Jennifer

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
gray printed in the book ***@******.***

Thanks. Just confused about the T Rogers Private Library...is that something actually printed as part of the book, or is it a stamp or stick-on label that was added by the purchaser?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dores; i have Boston: Houghton, Muffin and company as publisher of my book. 1881 1887 Jennifer; A.J.Rogers is stamp, A bibliography of the work, by George Bullen,E,S,Q.,F.S,A, keeper of the department of Printed books,British Museum . all i want is a round off price. i try to call but all i get is phone sys you dont answer. i am being taken for a fast ride. you answer q that i didn't ask . confused; jim helwick 11 24 2015

We don't have a phone number, so I'm not sure who you are calling? In any case, there are many, many variables of this book (or really most books), so it's simply not possible to give you a price without all this information. No one is giving you a ride, we're just trying to get enough to give you a correct answer. This particular book has been published thousands of times.

With the additional information, I now have located what I believe is your book. The current value would be approximately $50. This is a later edition, the first Riverside editions were published about 6 years earlier.

Sincerely,

Jennifer

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thankyou jim helwick 11-24-2015

You're welcome.

Jennifer

I see you have not yet rated/accepted my answer. How can I help you further?

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Jennifer