Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have inherited a wavy edged dark blues, horses in circles,

Customer Question

I have inherited a wavy edged dark blues, horses in circles, on upside small dish with a backside of single flowers of nodules (11), with etched
I have inherited a glass small dish, dark blues and brownish hues. Horses in circles and some sort of stampings on upside. The under side has plants etched leaf, stalk with 12 bubble like flowers? Under side is brownish color. The very bottom stand is of dark blue glass.
I tried to sell this dish to a second hand retail and they said they could not take the dish because if was an antique. Can you help me figure this out?
xxxxxxxxxx
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

.
My name is***** will be happy to help you.
.
Brief Explanation of how the appraisers work on Just Answer for you. The appraisers do not work for the just answer site. We come to the site to answer questions customers ask there. We do not send customers any messages through email. We only communicate with a customer in this message box. We do not send emails asking for anything. After we type a communication to you, you get notified by the site we sent you a message. Just like when you send us a response we get notified so we come to this message area to respond to you. We are not at the Just Answer site, we are independent Appraisers who come to the site.
.
Please Note: I am sorry I am unable to do live conversation per phone. There is data that needs to be obtained, this is always best in written form, in order to give a correct, honest appraisal.
.
To view the answer, you will need to be logged into the web site from your computer.
.

It is very important to be able to see what the customer has in order to give a correct informed value!
.x
Here are instructions for sending images several ways, you can choose which one best fits you , be sure it is uploaded to your computer,
.x

If you do not see the blue button that states attach file at the bottom of your page here are instructions to upload images !
Click the link: for instructions on uploading images
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
.x
Or you may use this method:
.x
Go to www.imgur.com
.x
click on Computer
.x
Select the picture file from the box that pops up.
.x
Hit open.
.x
Click on Start Upload
.x
And then copy the link they give you (it will look similar to this http://www.imgur.com/xxxx) and paste it here.
.x
.x
.x
.x
.x
This a completely free photo hosting site, it does not cost one thing to use it.
http://www.photobucket.com/ it is very easy to use, you log in, create an account , make a user name, do not use an email address as user name , then upload your pictures, making them public, then come give me your user name, I have an account and can log into them and see them...
.x
Or:Send them like this: In an Email! This can take awhile depending on how busy they are at Just answer, they do forward them to me.
.x
.x
Send the picture to ,***@******.***, in the subject line put " Pictures for Glenda B in Antiques".
.x
In the body of the message put , your user name and name.
.x
Make sure to send these from the same address that you registered with just answer with , so they know who you are. If you send from a phone the email address on the phone you use has to match the email address you used to register on the justanswer site with.
.x
.x
Sometimes it can take over 24hrs, depending on how busy the site is. We the appraisers are not employees of the Just Answer site, we come to the site to answer questions, we do not work there. They get photos in from customers, they then send them to the correct departments ( categories, ) then they are forwarded to the appraisers. I have no control over how fast all of this happens. I will let you know as soon as they send them to me.
Glenda

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear Glenda
I think I am in trouble because someone answered my request and wanted my credit card info and I stupidly gave it to them. I think I am going to need my daughters help with your instructions and also take a picture to my computer file. I don't want to lose you but I am not very quick. It may take me awhile to do as you counsel. Thank you. Marti
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Marti

You are not in trouble, that was the justanswer site, they get the credit card number for the deposit on the question. You are not charged anything until the expert responds to you. Which that is me, we work independently as appraisers, we come to the site to answer questions customers post there. Your credit card information is completely safe, the site is safe.

I will be answering this for you, you can always get to me on this question. You just come back to this and ask me anything or let me know you sent pictures, etc. I will be notified you sent me a message and I will respond to you. If your daughter needs help let me know.

Glenda

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Glenda
I'm still trying. Someone has charged by credit card account for $43 + $5 and claim they have answered by question. I have had no question answered. I'm so confused. I'm still going to get a picture for you but my daughter works and can not help me just yet. She will be here Thanksgiving to help me. Hopefully you will be eating turkey and will get infor from me when you come back.
Thanks for being so helpful. I don't know who this someone else is. Marlene
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Marlene

I will be here and will be checking in on Thanksgiving, I will check on your question. I know when a customer asks a question they put up a deposit, and then when an expert picks up the question and sends a response to the customer that they have picked it up for them and will answer it for them. The customer could get a message saying the expert ( me ) has responded, it may come to the customers " as the question has been answered " I am not sure about that. But, I do know ( I have used the site myself for other things ) that the credit card is charged then. The expert ( me ) answers your question then you rate the expert. If for any reason you are not happy with the experts professionalism, behavior etc, you can contact customer service for a refund. I hope this explains it a little.

I am not an employee of the site, appraisers come to the site to answer questions for customers. But I have used the site for my own personal questions about my car, so I know how it works on that end of things.

Hope you have a great Thanksgiving Day!