Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a silver Russian "podstakannik," glass holder marked

Customer Question

I have a silver Russian "podstakannik," glass holder marked 84, c. 1900, with my initials AK in script. Also a beautiful fleur-de-lis wax stamp, probably pewter with gold-like details, also from Russia. Gifts from a Russian friend born in 1907. Said they belonged to her father or grandfather. They have great emotional value, any monetary value?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Thank you for making your question to JustAnswer. My name is*****'m an Antiques Expert and I will try to help you with your particular inquiry. Please, don't hesitate to contact me any time or to make follow up questions if needed.

You have a Russian Soviet PODSTAKANNIK Silver 84 Tea Glass Holders. The mark 84 tell us the purity of the silver, in Soviet Union measuring system-it's in equivalent ISO British system to .875 silver purity. I would need the size of the Holder and, if possible, a picture of it.

Thanks