Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a painting and the artist signature is g.faber. It is

Customer Question

I have a painting and the artist signature is g.faber. It is of battleship. What we can tell is there are emblems of the ship are Dutch and the flag is French. We bought it from an estate sale in 1979. Can you give us more info?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am one of the expert appraisers here at justanswer. I would be happy to help you. Gottlob FABER (1812-1884) He was a realist artist and did ships and still life. Not much can be found on his life but he has had paintings sell through auction houses. The last was this one 'SHIP ON THE WATER' sold at SUSANIN's Auctions 'Premiere Auction 126' in 2013. His values have ranged from 350.00-900.00 what is the size of your painting? Do you have a photo of the painting? This will help in my evaluating the piece for a value estimate.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It is roughly 38 x 25. I have photos on my iPhone and will try to attach.
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 11 months ago.

Hello, thank you I will let you know when the photo posts