rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

What is the value of valcourt II service worth? Thank you

Customer Question

Hi, what is the value of valcourt II service for 12 worth? Thank you
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. This pattern is made in both silver plate and in stainless. Look on the back of one piece and let me know what it says or add a photo here by using the ADD FILES button in the lower right of your screen.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
unfortunately, it was stolen. I know it was my wife's wealth family and nearly certain it to have been silver
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have replacement coverage so not sure how to determine replacement cost. A good guess from you will be sufficent to my needs
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

I understand. Sorry that it was stolen.

A service for 12 in the Valcourt II pattern by Gorham in sterling silver would have a replacement value of $4000.00. I do hope nothing else of value was stolen.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read my answer.

Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

I see that you have read my answer. Was there anything else you needed to know about you silverware?