Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Ihave a painting by Buddy Reyes It was a gift. He did not

Customer Question

Ihave a painting by Buddy Reyes It was a gift. He did not sign it. Is it worth anything. It is a portrait of a Rabbi
Category: Antiques
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, My name is***** am one of the expert appraisers here at justanswer. I would be happy to help you. Buddy Reyes, Acclaimed western artist Norberto "Buddy" Reyes was born in the Philippines in 1942, became a U.S. citizen in 1973, and president of the American and Cowboy Artists in 1981. Gallery exhibited artist. If you know him personally you can show providence of a photo of the two of you together and write out when he did the painting and when he gave it to you - your birthday, wedding etc. Without some proof of knowing he did it written down most people will not consider it to be anything more than a painting by an unknown. If you can show he did paint it for you and have it notarized or have him write a brief description of the gift to you for you to keep with it it would be hard to sell has one of his paintings or command a value with his name. I can give you an estimate of the painting if you can post a photo of the Rabbi.