Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a cavalier cedar hope chest .iwas wondering what the

Customer Question

I have a cavalier cedar hope chest .iwas wondering what the value is.there is a metal badge logo inside the top.It's in good condition. The top is worn, but the rest is in good condition.the lock is intact, but the key is missing.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am one of the expert appraisers here at justanswer. I would be happy to help you. Your chest is from the 1930-1940s. The metal badge was only used on them during this period. These were the Cadillac of hope chests. A lock smith should be able to replace the key or relock the chest. The value on a chest as yours in todays' market is 350.00-400.00 I cant really see how badly the top is but it looks to be normal wear from the age. Howards wood products are good to use on wood furniture.If it is veneer that needs to be repaired as some had veneeer on the top and solid wood around the rest of the chest. If the veneer needs repair it would be worth looking into to restore the chest for you to use and enjoy or sell if wanted. If you have further questions please let me know as I am happy to help you.When you have a chance please rate my answer also as this is how I am paid from the site