Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

Just wanted to see if this was an artist you have any

Customer Question

Just wanted to see if this was an artist you have any knowledge about. It has a broken ear. I don't know if these wooden sculptures are worth anything but I wanted to check it out. It's about 22" tall by 16" wide. Thank you!
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the request here.

These folk art style carved wood and painted cat figurines generally come out of Bali and Indonesia. At 22" tall, this can sell for up to $50 with the broken ear. A known artist who does carve cat figures is Daniel Strawser, but his carving style is more 'chippy' whereas yours is rather smooth on the surface.

Here is a link for you for your reference to an 8" Strawser cat figure that sold for $99.50:

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/daniel-strawser-hand-carved-cat-wood-534656984

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora