LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  25+ years experience in Antiques, Certified Appraiser, Speaker, Member of AOA, Asheford Institute Antiques,and I am an Antique Researcher
52235960

I have a very large (38x54inch) picture that has a mirrow in

Customer Question

I have a very large (38x54inch) picture that has a mirrow in the middle with paintings on either side. It seems to be an old painting but I can't find a name on it. It is very heavy , I don't know how much it weighs but it is in a beautiful frame that has lots of wood work on it, the mirrow is (19x22inch) oval shape with beveled edges. It has a picture of flowers in a brownish looking vase with green grapes on a table top or ledge thing as I said on either side, I know you would need to see a picture of it to know for sure the value.I can send one to you if you would like.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am one of the experts here at justanswer. I would be happy to help you. Yes please post photos of the mirror and paintings to each side. This does help in my evaluation and I will check back shortly for the photos. Thank you I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will send photo as soon as my granddaughter gets home and can do it for me. Thanks

Thank you that will help me be able to evaluate, tell you about the mirror and paitings and give you a value. I look forward to helping you.

Hello I was just checking back to see if you were able to get photos . No rush I will check again tomorrow.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here is one picture of it.. im trying to get some more now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Heres some closer pictures of the sides.

This is a Victorian era mirror I would say 1820-1840s. These are very heavy and when hung be sure to anchor it as it will shatter if dropped. The value is $650-750.00 For insurance purposes I would say to insure for###-##-####00 as it would be near impossible to replace. The paintings on both sides were custom at the time for the finer lady of the house to decorate with not just a mirror but a center piece for the parlor or bedroom. Thank you for sharing and if I may be of help please let me know. I am happy to help.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your info , did I understand I could get 5 items looked at and appraised for $48.00? I have several items I would like to get you to look at.

Hi, I don't have a problem helping you with all of your items. I also do not know anything about the fees or what is paid. I know when I answer questions the amount shown above on this one says I will be paid 24.00 if you rate my answer as good. Now, I have also agreed with my customers to answer more then one item per post and they will pay me the fee plus a tip. So however you would like me to help you I am fine with that. You may continue on this post with more items until you feel it is fair and then we can start another post with more groupings of items. I enjoy appraising and looking at items. This thread started today and I believe we have three days maybe to keep going here on this post.I am open to however you would like to proceed with me. Thank you for asking as I will help you on all items.