Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I have a complete set of 12 of Belleek china--ERA 1920-1931

Customer Question

12 dinner plates
12 salad plates
12 saucers
12 tea cups
12 dessert plates
1 gravy boat
4 various size bowls
2 oval platters
1 square platter
The pattern is cream with light blue rim trimmed in gold with a vase of fruits in the middle'
What is the value? Also signed 8/E.G.4.0. in gold
Debra Deuble
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

.
My name is***** will be happy to help you.
.
Brief Explanation of how the appraisers work on Just Answer for you. The appraisers do not work for the just answer site. We come to the site to answer questions customers ask there. We do not send customers any messages through email. We only communicate with a customer in this message box. We do not send emails asking for anything. After we type a communication to you, you get notified by the site we sent you a message. Just like when you send us a response we get notified so we come to this message area to respond to you. We are not at the Just Answer site, we are independent Appraisers who come to the site.
.
Please Note: I am sorry I am unable to do live conversation per phone. There is data that needs to be obtained, this is always best in written form, in order to give a correct, honest appraisal.

.

What does the back of your set have on it? Does it just say Belleek China

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It says Morgan Belleek with an insigna of a bowl with lid and handles. Also the are personalized with my grandmothers name8/E.G.4.8.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still waiting
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

.
To view the answer, you will need to be logged into the web site from your computer.
.
The Morgan Bellek, has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $129.95 per 5pc place setting, Dinner, Salad, Tea Cup and Saucer, Dessert Plate, gravy boat -$289.00, various size bowls -$45.00-75.00, 2 oval platters -$ 250.00-350.00 each, 1 square platter-$175.00-200.00, depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally.
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from. You can sell in your local area or a larger city near you with Craigslist, it is free, and when they item sells the buyer picks it up.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
If you have more items you would like to ask me about, just start a new question addressed to "Glenda" it would be my pleasure to help you.
.
Thank you so much!
Glenda
PS:
I would greatly appreciate it if you took a moment to rate my answer to you. You do so by clicking the stars, this is the only way I am paid for my time answering your question. Doing so does not cost you any additional money, I am paid by the Just Answer site, not the customer.