rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

Thanks. What I actually have is a nearly complete service,

Customer Question

Hi, Yes thanks. What I actually have is a nearly complete service for 12, not just a piece. Most interested in knowing more about its age, etc. Mine is not marked for a restaurant but is a nice dining set with all the extras.
Your first answer did not seem to reflect my actual question.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

Hello Ed,

I am not sure which answer you are referring to, I am a fresh expert for your question. I have no reference to the other, so I'll need a photo of what you have, including any marks on the bottom. You can do that by using the ADD FILES button.

Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

I did some backwards checking on the site and found your original question and picture.

This is a service made by Jackson China of Falls Creek, Pennsylvania (in business from 1917 to 1983) and retailed by Davenhall in New Hampshire. The wares were sold mostly to restaurants because of the thickness and durability, but home makers were also buyers of this type of china for the same reason. This set you have dates to the 1940 to 1950 era. A service for 12 with some serving pieces would have a current value of $300 to $500 (this is without seeing the actual set).

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read my question.