Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have a P. Picasso painting set in gold metal frame

Customer Question

I have a P. Picasso painting set in gold metal frame background is glass and the painting is 5X4 inches glued down on the glass with gold border. The painting has faces and is covered with lacuer or shellac. glossy.
etched on a plaque with black writing P. Picasso.
on the back is is Pablo Picasso is 1.881-1.973
C-D.D.C.=1997
PLEASE let me know the value?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to see images of the front, back (do not remove from frame) and a clear, in-focus close-up of the signature.

Please send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please see additional photos
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please see additional photos
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the images and for your patience.

You have a miniature framed souvenir print reproduction of a Cubist painting by Pablo Picasso entitled "Las Meninas". The original, which is much larger in size, is owned and exhibited by the Picasso Museum in Barcelona, Spain. Here is a link for you of a photo of the original hanging in the museum:

http://m.noticiasdenavarra.com/2013/07/05/ocio-y-cultura/cultura/el-museo-picasso-de-barcelona-muestra-la-historia-de-su-coleccion-desde-1963

The notations on the back are the birth and death years of the artist, 1881 - 1973. The periods in the years are a printer mistake. The printer is DDC or Draplin Design Co, who are known for publishing Mini Prints. Yours was done in 1987.

Your framed print of a Picasso painting is intended for decorative wall art purposes and not as fine art for collecting and investment purposes.

On today's market, this has high value of $20 - $30.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora