Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

Can't find anything online about Bork & Warner pool tables

Customer Question

Can't find anything online about Bork & Warner pool tables made in Buffalo NY.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

I believe the maker name is ***** ***** Wagner, not Warner - which may be why you are not yielding any substantial information.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You are right, rather dumb of me. The owner of a local pool & spa company stopped by; he is a high end table aficionado. He feels it is Not a Bork & Wagner table. Says their name plate is too raised, indicating it was put on after the table was built, probably during a subsequent servicing. Very knowledgeable. Table has a serial number in the 2,000's. He says his educated bet is that, based on style and design, it is an early 1900's William Dethloff table. He has handled them before, but he has moved on to looking for a Brunswick table from the 1880's.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

It is not typical to add another maker tag to a pool table.

You would be best to seek a second opinion from another pool and billiards specialist. Here is a link for you one in my area who is quite reputable:

http://www.pyramidbilliardsinc.com/

~Nora