Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

Pitcher depicts on one side a mother and child, on the other

Customer Question

Pitcher depicts on one side a mother and child, on the other a cherubic angel blowing a horn with babies surrounding both sides. The spout and handle are both detailed as well as all the art work. The bowl has 12 indention with floral bundles above them. The pitcher measures 10" high and 23" around. The bowl measures 14" across and 6" high. The only markings are on the bottom of the bowl and simply read "BDS".
Condition: Excellent
Medium: porcelain, ceramic, milk glass??
Distinguishing marks: BDS
Size and dimensions of this item: 10X15
Weight: 9lbs (both bowl and pitcher)
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
xxx-xxx-xxxx
Expert:  evan-cssm replied 1 year ago.
We've received your email about this question, kindly send us your email address at***@******.***.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

This is a Victorian style wash pitcher and bowl that actually dates the 3rd quarter of the 20th century. It was done by a home or hobbyist ceramicist, who would have ordered the design as a mold then created the pieces by making their own pottery mix, gkazing and firing the pieces too. The initials of the person who did this set are BDS, however, they cannot be used to traced to the full name of the person. The chip on the bowl does reduce the value significantly and in addition, the market is very flat on wash bowl and pitcher sets. The high value on today's market is $25 - $45 for the set.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora