Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

My mom just past away and I found a jewelry box Schmidt

Customer Question

My mom just past away and I found a jewelry box Schmidt brothers inc company.it has a portrait on the cover of box and underneath box is sticker that says the picnic after the hunt, by Nicolas Lancret 1690-1793. When you wind it underneath it plays theme from Romeo and Juliet. It looks like there may have been something that turned like a ballerina but that's missing. Think it's worth anything?
MaryAnn Richard
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

Mary,

I will need to see pictures of the box and any marks. The bottom as well. Use the ADD FILES button in the lower right of your screen to add pictures. You can also email to***@******.*** and put for rarewares in antiques in the subject line so they will get forwarded to me. Email takes a bit longer, so thanks in advance for your patience.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was not able to attach Files from you email so I am able to send through email. Hope you receive this photos attached.MaryAnn RichardSee our web page at http://www.lahey.org for a full directory of Lahey sites, staff, services and career opportunities.THIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED FOR THE USE OF THE PERSON TO WHOM IT IS ADDRESSED. IT MAY CONTAIN INFORMATION THAT IS PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL AND EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW. If you are not the intended recipient, your use of this message for any purpose is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please delete the message and notify the sender so that we may correct our records.
attachment_1 (1.16 MB)
20151123_173011.jpg (300.33 KB)
20151123_172957.jpg (217.84 KB)
20151123_172932.jpg (358.68 KB)
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

I do not have them yet, but should get them within 12 to 24 hours. I will work on the answer as soon as I see the pictures. Thanks so much for letting me know!