Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have an antique Meeks steamer trunk of my great aunts- it

Customer Question

I have an antique Meeks steamer trunk of my great aunts- it has interior removable drawers.it has a dome top. It has the original keys with the lock I am interested in its market value
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Please send an image of a side view of the trunk, the maker mark and an interior view.

You can send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here.

~Nora

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am trying to send photos- red "send" does not seem to be responding- did you get the photos?
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the images. On today's market, antique Meek flat top steamer trunks sell for an average of $200. The suggested insurance or replacement value is $400.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is not a flat top- I stated it had a dome top with interior shelves
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

My apologies, a dome top can sell for up to $300. The insurance or replacement value is $475.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora