LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  25+ years experience in Antiques, Certified Appraiser, Speaker, Member of AOA, Asheford Institute Antiques,and I am an Antique Researcher
52235960

I trying to find information on the hallmark on a glass cake

Customer Question

I trying to find information on the hallmark on a glass cake plate with silver stand. I cannot find anything on the hallmark. the glass plate is 13" wide with large glass ball on bottom of glass plate. The stand turns.I see no chips or cracks. I going to try to attached 2 pictures of cake plate and hallmark on bottle of silver stand.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am one of the expert appraisers here at justanswer and would be happy to help you. Please allow me to do some research and I look forward to posting back here. Thank you Also, do you have a photo of the overall piece? This will help me in evaluating the overall condition and object. Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I try loading both pictures. I see only the hallmark was attached in my original request. See if this cake plate.jgp will give you a view of the plate. Its very nice and no chips or cracks. the glass is very clear. The piece is very heavy. glass is very detail with edging and large ball of glass on bottom of the plate next to the silver stand. Note: the marking picture has a small speck on right side of shied letter. There was something on the bottom and I wipe off. no spots on the silver. I clean the stand years ago and cleans up beautifully. will you be able to tell me if there a value to the item as well. I found the plate at a thrift store about 10 years ago.

Thank you for the photos. I am researching the marks now and will have the answer for you tomorrow. Thank you for your patience

Hi the mark on the silver stand is sterling for Edinburgh England. the cake plate looks to be crystal. The set would be 250.00 the sand alone 150.00 and the plate that looks to fit the stand is 100.00 together it looks like a very nice and usable set for dinners and parties. Thank you for the photos and coming to just answer. if I may be of further service please let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you know the age or year of the item?

Hi I am sorry the base is 1890-1910 the glass plate 1920-1930 by the curve and rim of the plate.

Please let me k.ow if I may be of further help

When you have a chance please rate my answer as this is how I am paid from the site. Thank you and if I can help further just let me know.