Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

This furniture piece came from Mrs. Weller (Soap company in

Customer Question

This furniture piece came from Mrs. Weller (Soap company in Ohio) My husband father worked with decorators and did all the specialized painting in her home. she had the piece in her basement with paint and junk in it. She gave it to my husband father.
This would have been back in the 60's. There is also another piece she gave him. He did refurbish the unit. the top is original. I would love to know what type of furniture this piece is? when it would have been made? What it was made to be used for? What
it's value would be? a little history.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Robert S. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Diane,
This is Robert here again, thanks for requesting me, I would be happy to help with this. What a pretty dresser!

I have a couple of questions:

Is there any writing on the metal of the lock plate when you pull out the top drawer?

Also, can you very kindly attach a photo of the joinery where the side of the drawer meets the front of the drawer. The dovetailing there tells a lot about age and origin.

Many thanks and wait to hear,
Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hum. I will have to sent this information later I am not sure. I will also send pictures. Maybe tomorrow before I can upload pictures. But this will help me when I send other pictures of pieces.
Expert:  Robert S. replied 1 year ago.

No problem, tomorrow would be just fine. I'll be here whenever you're ready.

I'll look forward to seeing them.

Many thanks,
Robert