Judith-on-Antiques
Judith-on-Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  A noted expert, author, TV personality, appraiser and columnist. President, Association of Online Appraisers
57035021

I have 2 paintings by Texana-The People Painter. I was

Customer Question

I have 2 paintings by Texana-The People Painter. I was wondering if there is any value in art by Texana? Thank you.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Judith-on-Antiques replied 1 year ago.

Hi Teresa,

My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help.

Texana, painter of People of the World, was born Mary Burger in Abilene, Texas in 1916. She was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize in 1977.

My research indicates that the current market in Texana paintings is very soft. This could change at any time - if someone writes a book about the artist, or if there is an important exhibition of her works, the prices will undoubtedly go up.

For now, if your paintings are in excellent condition, current retail (replacement or insurance) value is approximately $200 each. If you were to sell them, you could expect to get the fair market (private sale or auction) value of approximately 40% of the retail amount, or $80 each, depending on location and actual condition.

I hope this answer has been helpful to you, Teresa.

If you have any further questions or problems concerning your answer, please reply to me before deciding to leave a negative rating, which does affect my job.

If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name (Judith) at the beginning of your question.

I need your positive rating!

You do that immediately following this answer by clicking one of the top two Smiles, or Stars depending which one you see on your answer.

Thank you so much!

Hi Teresa,

I am just checking in to see if you have any additional questions about your item?

Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com; experts are verified users. I need your rating!