Frank
Frank, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Expert in gold, silver, jewelry and American antiquities.
66811035

I would like to know about this china. The markings on the

Customer Question

I would like to know about this china. The markings on the back of several pieces Japan Wedgewood ETRURIA England. We have 15 fruit, 18 plates 9", 9 cups, 1 sugar with lid,1 large platter 14 1/2 x 11", 1 med platter 12 1/2" x 9", 2 small platters 10 1/2 x 7 1/2", 2 square platters 9 x10, 1 vegetable with lid 10". I will attempt to send you some pictures.
Thank you for your help. BHA
http://imgur.com/z5RTcgH
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome to Just Answer,

My name is***** am a Personal Property Appraiser and would be happy to assist you with your question.Your late Victorian china pattern would have been produced in the Japan pattern circa 1890's by (Josiah) Wedgwood and Sons Ltd. In excellent condition you would be looking at insurance values as follows:Fruit Plate: 13-15USDCup: 12-14USDLidded Sugar: 30-34USDLarge Platter: 200-215USDMedium Platter: 160-170USDSmall Platter: 135-145USDSquare Platter:180-185USDVegetable Bowl with lid: 250-255USD

These are retail values for individual pieces in excellent condition. If there are any damages to the dishes including cracks, chips or any missing pattern this would devalue the china.

If you were looking to resell the set a fair market value would be between 40-60% of the values presented in good to excellent condition in a secondary market setting. If you can sell in small sets or individual pieces you may be able to get closer(70-80%) to the retail values presented to buyers looking to find missing or broken pieces.

I hope this information was helpful to you today,

Best of luck with your vintage Wedgwood china,

Any feedback you can leave for my service would be much appreciated,

Thank You,

Frank

Please let me know if you have any difficulties with our rating system.