Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have an 1901 Chicago Tribune insert. It is a picture of

Customer Question

I have an 1901 Chicago Tribune insert. It is a picture of three African American Women in the fields thrashing. I have tried to get any and all information on these inserts , particularly mine.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to know the size and see images of the front, back (do not remove from frame) and a clear, in-focus close-up of the signature.

Please send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

I am wondering if you are still interested in having your item assessed?

Please let me know and do you have requested images available?

I look forward to reading back from you.

Sincerely,

Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nora, Please send me your email address and I will forward the pictures I have taken to you.
Sincerely, ***** *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please give me your E Mail address so I can forward pictures to you.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Hi Pat,

You can try emailing your images to***@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email.

Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin.

~or~

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

I received your images and thank you for your patience.

Your have an antique color lithograph print reproduction of a famous painting by French Realist artist, Jean-Francois Millet called "The Gleaners" that was completed in 1857. These are French peasant women who are tanned from being outdoor laborers in the summer.

The original painting is in the D'Orsay Museum in Paris, France. Here is a link for you to the original:

http://www.musee-orsay.fr/index.php?id=851&L=1&tx_commentaire_pi1%5BshowUid%5D=341

Here is a link for you to a history about this painting:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gleaners

Your print was distributed by the Chicago Tribune. These were given as a premium gift insert to subscribers. On today's market, these color prints sell for $40 - $100 on average, yours being framed would be on the higher end of the estimate.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora