Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I HAVE A PAIR OF DUCKS,I GOT THEM FROM MY GRANGMOTHER 75

Customer Question

I HAVE A PAIR OF DUCKS,I GOT THEM FROM MY GRANGMOTHER 75 YEARS AGO,THE ARE PORCELAIN, THE STAMP HAS A BIRD, IT HOLDS A ARROW BETWEEN THE CLAWS, I LIKE TO KNOW THE MAKER, AND DATE, ALSO THE VALUE. THANK YOU. I HAVE A PICTURE I COULD SEND YOU.KATHARINA.M.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Robert S. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Katharina,

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help with your beautiful pair of ducks.

Thanks for the excellent photo of them.

Could you very kindly attach a photo of the mark you mention and I'll tell you what you have and give you a value.

You can add as many additional photos as you wish, just click on the paperclip icon, located above the text box where you are typing to me. If there's no paperclip, click on the "Add files" tab.

If you get stuck go here for help.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0

Many thanks and wait to hear.

Robert.

PS. How big are they?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

1. STAMP ON DUCKBOTTOM OF DUCKI CAN NOT GET A GOOD PICTURE OF THE STAMP, MY CAMERA IS TO SMAL FOR THIS. IT IS VERY CLEAR ON THE BOTTOM OF THE DUCKS. THANK YOU FOR GETHING BACK TO ME. KATHARINA.STAMP ON DUCK

Expert:  Robert S. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Katharina,

Thanks for trying to photograph the mark, unfortunately I can't make anything out. But here's what to do. It's a simple solution. Can you try again, but don't go so close.

Photograph it from as far away as you photographed the ducks. I will do the zooming and enlarging this end.

Hope this makes sense,
Many thanks,
Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

stamp, size 9"w, 31/2d x6 tall

Expert:  Robert S. replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the extra photo, unfortunately you have photographed it close-up again and I can't make anything out.

Photograph it from far away, like you did with the ducks.

If the mark had been on the duck's beaks, say, I would be able to see it clearly just by enlarging the photo my end.

There are quite a number of makers who used very similar marks that consist of an eagle holding an arrow.

Also, how tall is the piece?

Many thanks and wait to hear,
Robert