Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have an original watercolor painted by Hamilton. She was a

Customer Question

I have an original watercolor painted by Alice Hamilton. She was a painter but mostly know for her accomplishments and founder /Leading Expert of occupational medicine. She was the first woman to become a woman Professor at Harvard Medical School and the first woman to receive the Lasker Award in public health in the workplace. She died at 101 years of age. She was born in New York in 1869 and died in 1970. The watercolor is dated 1917. I am unable to find a record with her signature. How can I find her signature so that I can proceed with finding the value of the painting. I purchased the painting at least 32 years ago. It is a beautiful landscape winter painting as the sun is setting on a creek within a forest of trees without leaves, representing a winter sceen. It is quite spetacular.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am one of the expert appraisers here at justanswer. I would be happy to help you. Could you post a few photos of the painting and a photo of the signature- close up and clear. Also I will need to know the size of the painting. All of this will help greatly in my evaluation of the painting. Thank you I look forward to helping you.