Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have an antique doll brought to US from Germany by a 7

Customer Question

I have an antique doll brought to US from Germany by a 7 year old that is around 200 years old.She has bisque head and hands,kid body hinged at buttox and knees.Area below knees is cloth.She has brown human hair,eyes that open and close and teeth.She does not have original clothes but a red velvet Christmas dress and hat,slip,stockings and red shoes.
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I miss calculated the age of doll.It It is probably closer to !40 or 150 years old.
Expert:  Judith-on-Antiques replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help.

Please upload clear pictures of the doll and any trademarks that may appear on her back or the back of her head. Please also tell me the size of the doll.

Please see our help page for help uploading images.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

Or:

Go to http://www.imgur.com

1. Click "Computer".
2. Double click the image you want to upload.
3. Click "Start Upload".
4. When the image appears on your screen, just copy the link from that page and paste it on this page.

If that doesn't work for you:

You can email the pictures to***@******.***, and ask them to forward the pictures to me. You must tell them the pictures are for the Antiques category, and give them your user name and mine, which is Judith-on-Antiques. It is important for you to send the email from the address with which you registered at Just Answer. If you are sending them from a phone, you must put the original email address in the text.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will have my granddaughter help with the pictures.The doll is 17" and also has gusseted elbows so her arms bend.I did not notice the mark under the hair.When I put on my glasses i saw this mark a 7 anda smaller z to the right and smaller than the7.I am not great on the computer so may eventually want to talk.jan bissonette

Thanks for this information, Jan! You know what they say: "If you are having trouble doing something on your computer, ask a child!"

I will stand by and wait for the photos.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My 36yr old granddaughter cannot help as of now.She has to have her dog put down today.She and her 11 year old son are quite upset.Also the mark I described was not entirely correct.Upon Closer scrutiny it is a what looks like a 7 with a 1 with small line under and under that is what appears to be a 2 or a z or possibly a sideways w.We'll send a picture of it along.
Jan bissonette

Hi Jan,

I'm very sorry to hear about your granddaughter's dog. It's so sad to lose a family member.

Please take all the time you need. No rush.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Judith My daughter was here last Sunday and took 4 pictures of the doll and forwarded them to you.We had some difficulty with infur as it would not go.Then she sent it via support @ justanswer.com with your code #.I hope you got them.I have the pictures saved so we may have to try again.Any suggestions?Jan Bissonette

Hi Jan,

Did you get an email from Support confirming they had received your pictures?