Robert S.
Robert S., Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Expert in decorative arts especially ceramics, silver, paintings, and furniture.
63759197

How can I find the value or where I can sell an Iroquois

Customer Question

How can I find the value or where I can sell an Iroquois beaded pincushion?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Robert S. replied 1 year ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help with your beautiful Iroquois pin-cushion.

Thanks for the excellent photo, I can see exactly what you have.

This tri-lobed, or spade shape, pillow pincushion dates to the early 20th century. It is wonderfully embellished with a whimsical floral design in Bohemian colored glass seed beads and cane-beaded looped tassels. It also looks to be in spectacular condition with little or no fading to the fabric.

Your best option for selling is a good antique auction house or on line (eBay etc). If you let me know your zip I'll see what options there are in your area.

As for value, this example, similar to yours in terms of age and design, sold at auction for $175 which is probably representative.

I would say yours would fetch in the range of $150 - $200 at auction.

I do hope this helps,

Best wishes,
Robert.

PS. If there's anything more I can help you with on this, please don't hesitate to ask. If not, could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button) as this is how I get paid by JustAnswer at no extra cost to you. We can still continue to communicate here on this thread after you do. And if you have another item you'd like to ask me about, just start a new Question and put "For Robert S....." in the subject line. Thanks, R.