Wayne, Auctioneer
Experience:  40 yrs. experience in antiques, jewelry, coins and paintings - ASA 1985
67223111

I have two questions, I have a mint condition, sealed in a

Customer Question

I have two questions, I have a mint condition, sealed in a square plexiglass case perched on a baseball glove with a wooden base, Mickey Mantle autographed baseball given to me by Mickey Jr. no papers though. What should I list it for, for a quick sale, and on what site?
Second, I have an antique LEFT HANDED turn of the century golf club. Appears to be a 7 iron, I believe it is a hickory shaft, original leather wrapped handle secured at the top and the bottom by what appears to be something on the order of thumbtacks. The iron is attached to the shaft also by what appears to be a crimping fashion. Is there any value to this? Thank you
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

Hi!

My name is***** have been dealing in collectibles since 1979 and can help with this. Assuming that your ball is genuine this would sell for $300-500 at auction. A good venue is ebay. For top price it should be certified by JSA or PSA. As for the golf club, there is very little demand for left handed clubs. This would sell for $10-20. Putters are much more in demand.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Wayne thought doesn't the rarity and the original condition add value to the club?
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

It should but it's really a matter of demand. If someone needed a 7 iron to complete a set that matches your club, and the set was left handed, then you could probably get good money for this. But this is a challenge. If you listed this on eBay you may find that person.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry, had to step away for a few moments. I don't believe a call is necessary, thank you.
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

My pleasure. Please take time to rate my service.

Thanks,