rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

What is my painting worth

Customer Question

What is my painting worth
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

There is only one photo of a signature that reads Renoir 80. I would also like to see the whole painting and any labels on the back. You can add more by using the ADD FILES button in the lower right of your screen.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll check the back. But last I remember it was sealed. I attached a second photo
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** the image now. This is a faded print (not a painting) of a famous painting by the artist Pierre Auguste Renoir entitled Portrait of Mademoiselle Irene Cahen d'Anvers. Renoir was a French impressionist painter and the original painting was done in 1880 measuring 2'2" x 1'9", the real painting now owned by Foundation EG Buhrle, a museum in Switzerland.

I have attached an image of the original so that you can see how much your print has faded to blue tones. Your framed print also has water damage. This piece has a value of $20.00 in it's current condition and most of that value is the frame. I wish that were better news!

It is important for you to click the stars after you read my answer.

Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

I see that you have read my answer. Did you have any other question about this piece?

If we are done, it is important for you to click the stars.

Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

I see that you have read my answer.

If you'd like to have me assess anything else, start a new question and put 'for rarewares' so that you could get me again.

Let's close this question by having you click the stars.