Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I found in my moms closet this unique mermaid platter-there

Customer Question

I found in my moms closet this unique mermaid platter-there is nothing written on it so i have no idea who created it to see what the value of it is
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to know the size and see images of the front and back.

Please send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Itis about 17 inches long in about 10 or 11 inches wide
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's about 17 inches by about 10
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the images and dimensions.

This is a fine late 19th century Art Nouveau piece, likely from Austria or Bohemia. On today's market, and especially because of the mermaid theme and large size, expect to garner a high of $600 - $900 for this.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora