Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Colonial grandfather clock very tall ten bells lansing,

Customer Question

colonial grandfather clock very tall ten bells lansing, pennsylvania
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome to Just Answer,My name is***** am a Personal Property Appraiser and would be happy to assist you with your question.Do you have any photos of the clock you may be able to send? Do you see any serial or model numbers on the clock? Is it still in working order? There are a few different options to send pictures to us, they are as follows: UPLOAD:The link below will direct you through our upload processhttp://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert EMAIL:You can also email pictures to support@justanswer.com with ATTN MTantiques in the subject heading. Be sure to include the link to your question page in the email for our customer service. The emails can take up to a few hours to process, but as soon as I receive it I can send my evaluation.Thank you for your time,Frank
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
frank, enclosed are photos of items in my family for at least 300 years my great great grandfathers were presidents...its rumored that this clock was in the first white house also two of my late great uncles were embassadors to china during the boxer era (vice-counsolets) i have a silk "thank you" from the peoples republic of china and letters expressing the emperors concern and gratitude the boxer incident my sister is in possesion of a document that congress passed a law to allow us to keep and maintain these items
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
lets text i have photos to text frwd me a text #
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i need to restore much of these family heirlooms and insure them as well
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the grandfather clock runs but... it has been experiencing difficulties...the 1st weight is unwinding per second until it has completely descended when running properly it chimes on the 1/2, the hour and 5 min,s til'
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
also... any recommendations for "mounting" or framing the silk banner/letters
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.

For some reason that photo did not make it's way though.

Would you be able to resend those photos?

Some of our clients have a hard time with larger files, if you can send a smaller file size it should get through to me.

Sounds like you are experiencing some mechanical issues with the clock, which would be reflected in the price, but I'd like to see what we are working with before we get into any kind of numbers.

Thanks again for your time today,

Frank

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you answered nothing you were not helpful at all
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i paid 34.00 $ for nothing not even a response to the clock description just asked for more $ rip off
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.

I would be happy to opt out of your question and see if any of our other Experts can further assist you with the clock based on the description alone.

I apologize for the delay and hope we can help you out with your Colonial Grandfather clock.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
lets do that
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** have been dealing in and appraising art work for over 40 years, and I can help you with this. Can you email photos to

http://*****@******.***

Thank you,