Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I have an antique tea cart w/ removable glass top tray, 2

Customer Question

I have an antique tea cart w/ removable glass top tray, 2 drop side leafs, a draw and its all wood and appears to be cherry or mahogany. on the bottom of the draw is a faded label with a crest shaped like s heart w/ a torch center top and on the crest looks like CMO on the bottom side edge of that draw is stamped into the wood 951.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

.
My name is***** will be happy to help you.
.
Brief Explanation of how the appraisers work on Just Answer for you. The appraisers do not work for the just answer site. We come to the site to answer questions customers ask there. We do not send customers any messages through email. We only communicate with a customer in this message box. We do not send emails asking for anything. After we type a communication to you, you get notified by the site we sent you a message. Just like when you send us a response we get notified so we come to this message area to respond to you. We are not at the Just Answer site, we are independent Appraisers who come to the site.
.
Please Note: I am sorry I am unable to do live conversation per phone. There is data that needs to be obtained, this is always best in written form, in order to give a correct, honest appraisal.
.

It is very important to be able to see what the customer has in order to give a correct informed value!
.x
Here are instructions for sending images several ways, you can choose which one best fits you , be sure it is uploaded to your computer,
.x

If you do not see the blue button that states attach file at the bottom of your page here are instructions to upload images !
Click the link: for instructions on uploading images
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
.x
Or you may use this method:
.x
Go to www.imgur.com
.x
click on Computer
.x
Select the picture file from the box that pops up.
.x
Hit open.
.x
Click on Start Upload
.x
And then copy the link they give you (it will look similar to this http://www.imgur.com/xxxx) and paste it here.
.x
.x
.x
.x
.x
This a completely free photo hosting site, it does not cost one thing to use it.
http://www.photobucket.com/ it is very easy to use, you log in, create an account , make a user name, do not use an email address as user name , then upload your pictures, making them public, then come give me your user name, I have an account and can log into them and see them...
.x
Or:Send them like this: In an Email! This can take awhile depending on how busy they are at Just answer, they do forward them to me.
.x
.x
Send the picture to ,***@******.***, in the subject line put " Pictures for Glenda B in Antiques".
.x
In the body of the message put , your user name and name.
.x
Make sure to send these from the same address that you registered with just answer with , so they know who you are. If you send from a phone the email address on the phone you use has to match the email address you used to register on the justanswer site with.
.x
.x
Sometimes it can take over 24hrs, depending on how busy the site is. We the appraisers are not employees of the Just Answer site, we come to the site to answer questions, we do not work there. They get photos in from customers, they then send them to the correct departments ( categories, ) then they are forwarded to the appraisers. I have no control over how fast all of this happens. I will let you know as soon as they send them to me.
Glenda

Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello

I received the pictures, thank you. The tea cart is from the 50-60's era. There is no information on what company used this mark. I can value this for you on the current market if you like?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Already paid $38.00 , already sent pictures also! have not received any answer yet ? Michael Lando - mlando44 @optonline.net
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello Michael

You did receive a response asking you if you were wanting the current market value. This did not show up in your question. I did not see what information you were wanting.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Glenda, I would like to know about how old it is and the approximate value. My wife's brother gave it to her about 10 yrs. ago he was an antique dealer from Mass. and said it was a very good one ?
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello Michael
.
The Tea Cart is from the 1920-30's, it is Mahogany, has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $1***-**-****.00, depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. For insurance purposes ( cost replacement ) the value would be 45-50% higher. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally.
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from. You can sell in your local area or a larger city near you with Craigslist, it is free, and when they item sells the buyer picks it up.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Could you very kindly rate my services this is how I get paid by JustAnswer at no extra cost to you. Please kindly do so immediately following this answer by clicking one of the top two Smiles, or Stars depending which one you see.
.
If you have more items you would like to ask me about, just start a new question addressed to "Glenda" it would be my pleasure to help you.
.
Thank you so much!
Glenda

Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm just checking in once again to see how things are going. Let me know if you still need help with this questions, as I see it is not rated yet. If there was a problem with the answer I provided for you?
.
Thank you so much!
Glenda

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Glenda, Your response was very helpful. You answered all my questions throughly and we're very helpful with information as to how and where to get the best value if I was to sell my tea cart. Again Thank you , Michael Lando
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would definitely recommend you and just answer to anyone who has the need for your services !
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello Michael

If you do not mind rating this I would appreciate it. You do so by clicking one of the top stars, this is the only way I am paid by the site. Please let me know if there is a problem doing so, or when you have rated it, so I can make sure it went through.

Thanks

Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello Michael

Thanks