Wayne, Auctioneer
Experience:  40 yrs. experience in antiques, jewelry, coins and paintings - ASA 1985
67223111

Need value of oil painting 'reproduction' acquired with home

Customer Question

Need value of oil painting 'reproduction' acquired with home purchase in 1965. The painting is 48" X 60" The Weavers , or Las Hilanders (The fable of Arachne). The original was painted by Diego Velázquez and hangs in Museo del Prado, Madrid. It has never been cleaned but is in excellent condition, though smaller in size then original, looks very exact.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

This is Wayne. Is this on canvas or board? Could you post a photo of the surface?

Thanks,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still waiting for my 'one time only' appraisal, Wayne. I answered earlier that painting is on canvas, also uploaded jpg attachment of painting for second time, I saw that I have been charged the $5 and the $33. and am still waiting. If this is too hard to appraise, I was told I can take to auction house for free appraisal, one time only. Hope to hear from you soon or will cancel request. Shaun
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

As a copy this would only have decorative value. This would sell for $400-600 at auction and insurance value is $1000.

Thank you,