Doris - dfm925
Doris - dfm925, Pres, Owner Nashville Appraisals Corporation
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of Nashville Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.
19572128

I have a 12 place setting of the Edelstein 12 placesetting

Customer Question

I have a 12 place setting of the Edelstein 12 placesetting of the Melrose pattern. I have not seen it anywhere. I have 12 mint condition dinner plates, bread plates, soup bowls, small bowls tea cups and saucers, tea pot, creamers and sugars, serving platter, serving dishes with covers. I have no idea of the age or it's value. Can you help me?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

Thank you for the information.

Please allow me time to research the data required by your question, calculate current values and write my answer.

I should be back within 30 minutes.

I thank you in advance for your patience.

Kind regards,

Doris

The Edelstein Porcelain factory was located in Kups, Bavaria, Germany. Porcelain products were produced there 1931-1974 using the mark "Edelstein."

Your pattern, Melrose, was produced in the 1950s.

The set of Melrose with the pieces you describe has a retail vintage store value of $750-850 assuming mint condition.

A private seller to a dealer can expect 30-60% of retail value.

I hope I have helped you.

If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.

All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.

I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.

Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING now so that I am compensated by JA for my time and effort. This is of no cost to you.

Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty, site charges or current appraisal values - all three are beyond my control.

Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system. To rate me, you should see 5 stars near my answer. 5 stars gives me the best rating.

Kind regards.

Doris

If you would like to use me on any future questions, requesting me expires in a short time. If you put my name (Doris) at the first of the question, that will make sure it gets to me.

Thank you.

Hi there!

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,
Doris